At the end of the 4 week block:
- You will be in better shape!
- You will feel confident riding non-technical green and blue trails
- You will know what kit to carry and how to be equipped for biking in winter weather
- You will know how to carry out a bike safety check and fix a flat tyre & broken chain
- You will meet other women to bike and keep active with.
Is this suitable for me?
This course will be great for those who have little experience riding bikes off-road and who are keen to build fitness & confidence and meet other women to bike with.
All you need is a well-serviced bike – ideally a hardtail but a fixed fork bike that can manage forest roads and woodland trails is also suitable – and a sense of fun and willingness to get out in all weathers!
Each session will end with coffee and dare I say it cake (or carrot sticks!) at the Peel Café.
Tweed Valley Bike Patrol
The Tweed Valley Bike Patrol provides visitors to Glentress and Innerleithen Forests with the advantages of local knowledge, bike repair skills and emergency assistance from a team of skilled riders.
Tweed Valley Trail Association
The TVTA is a community group dedicated to the stewardship and development of the Tweed Valley mountain bike trail network.