Terms & Conditions
Booking & Payment: Places on all Swift Trails activities eg courses and ride-outs are only confirmed once payment has been made in full. Payment must be received at least 6 weeks prior to the activity starting. We will confirm bookings by email once payment has been received. Direct bookings can be taken from all participants over the age of 16. Any rider under the age of 16 must be signed up by a parent/recognized carer.
Cancellation: We recognize that on occasion clients are not able to attend their activity with Swift Trails. We will always do our best to accommodate necessary changes but during busy times this is not always possible. For all courses and ride-outs cancellation 4 weeks before the commencement of the activity will result in a 100% forfeit of the total price. Cancellation within 6 weeks of commencement will result in a 50% refund of the original price of the activity.
For all 1:1 coaching sessions, the above conditions apply but we will do our best to accommodate clients on another suitable date.
Cancellation by Swift Trails: Occasionally it is necessary to cancel Swift Trails activities, for example when adverse weather conditions make it hazardous to client safety – In such an event we can either offer a full refund, transfer to a different activity or where possible arrange another date. Swift Trails cannot be held liable for any other expense that might be incurred as a result of cancelling the activity due to causes beyond our control.
Insurance: All participants are recommended to take out adequate insurance cover. Any such policy should cover activity participation, personal items, medical expenses, the cost of repatriation in the event of illness and cancellation by you.
Equipment: Our courses do not include the cost of hire bikes, helmets, gloves, clothing or any other equipment. Once places have been confirmed, you will receive information regarding what to bring with you to the activity. Bikes can be hired from Alpine Bikes at Glentress Forest. We do not take any responsibility for the condition of the bikes but do expect them to be well-maintained and fit for purpose. You have full responsibility for the bikes whilst they are in your care.
- Mountain Biking is a risk sport and you take part at your own risk and accept that no responsibility for accidents, death or injury or loss and damage to personal property rests with Swift Trails unless proven to be caused by their negligence. Always ride within your capabilities and if in doubt dismount from your bike and walk.
- Your bike must be in good working order and fit for purpose. Swift Trails reserves the right to refuse participation in the activity if there are concerns regarding the condition of the bike.
- You must confirm you are competent and medically fit to participate in the activity. Any medical conditions that could affect your participation in the activity must be declared to Swift Trails in advance of the activity on the Rider Information Form. You agree that if necessary medical treatment will be given and in case of emergency.
- Correctly fitting helmets must be worn at all times and gloves are strongly recommended
- Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash
By booking an activity with Swift Trails you accept you have read and understood these terms and conditions.